This sweet & savory sunflower seed mixture is great on top of a salad or as a plant-based and raw version of the classic pulled pork sandwich.
These tiny seeds are a great source of a variety of vitamins and minerals, plant-based protein, fiber, inflammation fighting antioxidants, and essential fatty acids. In ¼ cup of sunflower seeds, you could be nourishing your body with:
- 190 calories
- 16 g fat
- 6 g protein
- 4 g fiber
- 82% of Vitamin E
- 70% DV of copper
- 43% Vitamin B1, Thiamine
- 34% of manganese
- 34% of selenium
- 33% of phosphorus
- 28% of magnesium
- 28% of Vitamin B6
- 20% of folate
- 18% of Vitamin B3, Niacin
All you need is around 1 cup of raw sunflower seeds, your favorite BBQ sauce, relish, onion, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and pepper.
How to make:
- soak your sunflower seeds in water for at least 4 hours
- after soaking, rinse and pour into a food processor
- add about 1/4 cup water, BBQ sauce, 1/4 chopped onion, relish and spices to taste
- blend until you reach a smooth consistency; water may be added a Tbsp. at a time to help smooth the mixture
- store in the refrigerator for several days and enjoy what is sure to be a new lunch favorite!