Our fruit appreciation continues with this new burger recipe you will need to try! Perfect consistency, great flavor, and best of all – Whole Food Plant Based! This burger is great on a bun, over a large salad, and freezes well for saving for a later date!
- 2 cans of jackfruit
- 2 cups of oats
- ½ lime, squeezed for juice
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Rinse canned jackfruit well (high in sodium), remove seeds, and boil for 20 min. Remove most of water to eliminate more of the sodium.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked jackfruit and other ingredients.
- Form in to patties (about 8 large patties), place on a baking sheet and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes to set up.
- Remove from freezer, cook on a nonstick skillet to heat, serve & enjoy!