Welcome! and Thank you for listening. When I was growing up, mushrooms were something that you got on a pizza when you progressed from straight pepperoni. They were usually from a jar or can and were nothing spectacular to look at. I believe that is where they got their bad wrap. The other place I started seeing mushrooms were on a fancy spinach salad. They were fresh and thinly sliced but raw. Not a lot of taste but they made the salad pretty.
Raw mushrooms are actually toxic due to a surface chemical called agaratine. It is destroyed by cooking a few minutes. In addition, most of the nutrients associated with mushrooms are released after heating.
I will give you a few more reasons to put a variety of mushrooms on your plate and even perhaps in your coffee!
Do you feel like a number or a diagnosis when you go to the doctor’s? Have you had anything prescribed besides a drug or test? I would encourage you to ask why and what a lot more. If you would like to become more invested in your health and wellbeing, check out our practice website at doctordulaney.com
Email questions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perhaps it is time to get healthy. Thank for listening.